Study Visit: Tandems for good practices of local youth work
Dates: 27-30 January 2020
Eligible are 20 participants coming from: Austria, Hungary
Application deadline: 4th November 2019
Discover youth work in Hungary! Get to know how municipalities, young people and associations organize youth work; broaden your perspectives and get new ideas for your daily work.
The National Agencies of the Erasmus+ Youth programme and their partners developed a long-term cooperation project called ’Europe Goes Local (EGL) – Supporting Youth Work at the Municipal Level’.
This study visit is one of several joint events carried out under the EGL project, aiming to support the development of local youth work mainly focusing on existing practices of youth work in Austria and in Hungary.
- To exchange about your daily work with people from your reality and another country.
- To strengthen partnership among practitioners and policy-makers in the field of youth.
- To boost the quality of municipal youth work by providing learning focused field visits.
- To understand and reflect on practices of youth work and how they can be adapted to various localities.
- To promote the Erasmus+ Youth Programme among participants as a funding source for quality development of youth work.
Profile of participants:
The target group are:
- Youth workers, representatives of youth organizations and representatives of municipalities; Ideally, tandems of one municipality representative and one youth worker/youth leader of the same community take part in the Study Visit.
- Basic English language competence is preferred.
- Available to attend the whole study visit.
Possible fields of the study visit:
- Youth participation structures at Eger: Student City Council
- Youth work in marginalized areas: grassroots initiatives with Roma communities
- Youth work and extreme sports: youth centre in a former steel factory area in the City of Miskolc
- Youth participatory budgeting in Orosháza
- Kinderspielstadt or Gamecity as a way to support active citizenship
- Peer to Peer programmes in drug prevention
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme..
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Tempus Public Foundation – Hungarian National Agency Erasmus+ Youth in Action
- Austrian National Agency: Erasmus+ Youth Programme
Phone: +3612371300 / 322
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: