Training Course: Youth in Contact
Dates: 8-16 May 2020
Venue: Saintes, Resid
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Italy, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain
Application deadline: 24th January 2020
Contact Improvisation is a dance form based on the spontaneous communication between moving bodies that are in physical contact. We will explore Contact Improvisation by practicing it and develop resources to be applied in youth organisations.
The focus of Contact Improvisation is on giving and receiving, exchanging the body’s weight between the dancers. The dancers’ dialogue is the free improvisation, generating instant compositions, finding a free expression space to develop how to listen, how to communicate non-verbally, discovering oneself on the way.
We will develop resources based on Contact Improvisation to be applied in youth organisations working with young people with fewer opportunities.
Our objectives are:
- Introduce Contact Improvisation and its philosophy as an innovative methodology with broad potential from the artistic, pedagogical and social point of view, to youth workers and educators, providing tools that can be applied in their projects.
- Explore Contact Improvisation as an inclusive dance, enabling participants to question gender stereotypes, physical or age differences, finding atonement with themselves and others through non-judgemental body expression.
- Educate the holistic awareness of oneself and others, emphasizing the learning process through a balance between body and mind.
- Discover the physical, emotional and psychic benefits of human contact, dissociating it from the sexual perspective.
This training course is for you if:
- You are a youth worker or an educator working on a regular basis with a group of youngsters
- You are willing to explore the possibilities of Contact Improvisation as an innovative tool in your daily work
- You are officially resident of France, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia or Spain
- You are able to work in English
- You are open to listen to your body and let it be your guide
- You are ready to connect with others in a different level
By taking part in this project, participants will:
- learn what is Contact Improvisation by practicing it;
- be more aware of their personal development through connecting with their bodies in a deeper level;
- learn a set of Contact Improvisation exercises that can be applied in their organisations;
- and develop new ways how Contact Improvisation can be applied to Youth Work, connecting it with concepts such as inclusion, conflict management, sustainability, leadership, deep communication and creativity, among others.
Our intention is that participants have an impact in the organisation level through sharing, spreading and applying Contact Improvisation in the local and international communities.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
This training course is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Comission, therefore accommodation, food, materials and the program are covered.
The travel costs up to the maximum amount specified below will be reimbursed after the training course:
- France: 20 EUR
- Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Spain: 275 EUR
- Cyprus and Estonia: 360 EUR
Participants contribution is 70€, to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Apart from the 70€, the sending organisations from each country are entitled to ask for an internal fee, which in all cases will need to be paid even if you found the training in SALTO and not in their communication channels.