Seminar Image Mapping: Engaging international volunteers and making impact in rural communities
Dates: 6-12 March 2020
Venue: Kötschach-Mauthen, Austria
Eligible are 23 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Estonia, Spain
Application deadline: 1st February 2020
How do we engage young people from rural areas in international volunteering projects? And how do we best organise international volunteering projects in rural areas? In this seminar, we will exchange tools and best practices around these questions.
When we organize youth projects and volunteering camps in the countryside, it can sometimes feel like a parallel universe: Youth from all around Europe engage in an intense intercultural exchange, while there is not necessarily a lot of interaction with the local community.
We want to change that and strengthen the local impact of international volunteering projects. We will organize first this seminar for youth workers in March in Austria and then a pilot youth exchange in June in Ukraine.
In this seminar, youth workers from around Europe will gather to learn and exchange, among other topics:
- Non-formal education methods around making international volunteers interact with rural communities
- Best practices of engaging international volunteers in rural communities, among them the „Image Mapping“ project from Ukraine
- How to create intercultural events in villages
- How to reach rural youth to participate in international volunteering projects
- Group dynamics of international youth projects in the countryside
As an outcome, we will create a manual on how to create interaction between international volunteers and rural communities. The manual will include method descriptions and guidelines for youth and volunteering organisations to be used
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The accommodation and food is fully covered.
- Austria: max. 180 EUR.
- Spain, Belgium and Estonia: max. 275 EUR. For
Non – Applicable