Conference: SALTO Youth Participation Forum
Dates: 4-6 May 2020
Venue: Kultuurikatel, Tallinn, Estonia
Eligible are 120 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 28th February 2020
The SALTO Youth Participation Forum will be a unique opportunity for stakeholders to contribute to the newly developed Youth Participation Strategy. We will discuss its implementation and link it to different levels of youth work and youth participation.
- Join us to boost youth participation in Europe.
- Let’s explore the full potential of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps together.
- Help us enhance the new Youth Participation Strategy.
- Let’s increase cooperation to strengthen youth participation in Europe.
The SALTO Youth Participation Forum will be a unique opportunity for stakeholders to contribute to the newly developed Youth Participation Strategy. We will discuss its implementation and link it to different levels of youth work and youth participation. This will be the space to exchange on current developments within the youth sector and the future of the EU Youth Programmes in relation to youth participation.
The SALTO Youth Participation Forum is hosted by SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre (SALTO PI) in collaboration with National Agencies of various countries.
The new Youth Participation Strategy has been built taking into account the current EU Youth Strategy and the development of the new EU Youth programmes after 2020. It is based on the needs of the youth field and the contributions from different stakeholders from local, national and EU level.
It is a consensus of diverse partners on the topic of youth participation and will highlight the potentials to boost youth participation in Europe. The Forum is a milestone in this process of co-creating the strategy and its implementation.
The SALTO Youth Participation Forum will assemble around 120 participants to explore how we – as young people, stakeholders who implement the programmes, decision-makers, researchers, youth workers, trainers and youth representatives – can strengthen youth participation in Europe together with the power of the youth programmes.
What would we like to achieve?
- more awareness about youth participation and strategic approaches
- prototyping new ideas and roadmaps to implement the youth participation strategy
- encouraging meaningful dialogue and cooperation among diverse stakeholders
- increasing recognition of emerging ways of youth participation at different institutional levels
- presenting and enhancing the new Youth Participation Strategy
- connecting the Youth Participation Strategy with upcoming EU programmes and exploring potentials of future developments
What will we do?
- address the topics of youth participation in relation to the future of the EU Youth Programmes
- help you explore how to make more use of the programmes to strengthen youth participation
- offer an opportunity for exchange among heads of NAs and policy makers and develop future actions
- invite participants to contribute with their experiences of youth participation to the new Youth Participation Strategy
- support and empower participants in their future work on the topic of youth participation at different levels.
Join us and let’s build the future of youth participation together!
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
SALTO Participation and Information Resource Centre
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: