Training Course: Soft Skills for Youth Workers
Dates: 25 May – 2 June 2020
Venue: London, United Kingdom
Eligible are 32 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Estonia, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 1st April 2020
The training course Soft Skills for Youth Workers SSYW will involve 32 youth workers and representatives of NGOs from 9 program countries United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Spain, Turkey.
The project is designed in accordance with the objectives, priorities and important features of the Erasmus+ Program. Particularly, it will increase opportunities for professional and career development of youth workers and youth leaders and improve their competences regarding soft skills.
The training course ”Soft Skills for Youth Workers – SSYW” will involve 32 youth workers and representatives of NGOs from 9 program countries (United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Spain, Turkey).
Our objectives are:
1. Make participants familiar with the current concept of soft skills, different groups of soft skills, and their importance in personal and career development.
2. To give to the participants the platform to further the problems with the soft skills they face personally and in their work.
3. Develop and improve the next groups of soft skills at the participants:
Personal and interpersonal skills;
- Communication skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Creative thinking;
- Leadership skills.
4. To give to the participants the space to share their experience and best practice on development and improvement of soft skills.
5. To improve participants’ professional competencies, to increase their motivation and satisfaction in work.
6. Improve the quality and efficiency of participants’ work for the benefit of the participants themselves, their organizations and the target groups of young people, while applying developed/improved soft skills.
7. To improve the soft skills of young people the participants work applying developed/improved soft skills and developing more activities on soft skills for young people.
8. To improve the quality of youth work in general.
9. To inspire the participants to promote soft skills development among their colleagues, youth target groups and other youth NGOs.
During the training, non-formal education methods will be used, a heterogeneous group of participants will have the chance to learn from each other. The course will include role-plays, case studies, group work, visual presentations, collages, simulation games, and outdoor activities that will be implemented with participants.
During the project, participants will find a chance to improve their knowledge & skills on the subject.
The language of the course is gonna be English and courses will be based on non-formal education methods such as group works, simulations so the learning will be based on the motivation of each participant.
The project will take place in London, the UK at the venue Rest Up London Hostel.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
- 100% accommodation food and program materials are covered as well as the organization.
100% traveling costs (only most economical are covered, up to the maximum limits per person per country, is shown below.
- United Kingdom 0€
- Portugal, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland 275€
- Bulgaria, Italy, Spain, Turkey 360€