E-learning: Mentor in Volunteering activities – English / Spanish / Italian / Romanian languages
Dates: 22-30 June 2020
Venue: Online, Romania
Eligible are 300 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Application deadline: 3rd June 2020
The online course Mentor in Volunteering activities is about roles, responsibilities and other relevant aspects connected with the mentorship activity. You will arrive in a gamified world with e-books, tools, videos, 3D game and much more!
- If you are keen on working with young volunteers,
- If you embrace cultural diversity and like to support others’ learning path,
- Or your success is all about seeing growth in others,
Then this may just be the course for you!
The online course Mentor in Volunteering activities will give you the opportunity to take a closer look at the roles, the responsibilities and the other relevant aspects connected with the mentorship activity developed by a mentor.
Do you want to know more? Here is some relevant information.
The course is open for participants from Programme and Partner countries of Erasmus+.
Objectives of the course – key elements
During this course we will support you in the following:
- familiarize with the concepts of mentorship and counselling;
- be introduced to the basic differences between leadership and coaching – the psychology of mentorship;
- understand essential aspects of volunteering activities in the context of Erasmus+/ESC projects
- gain knowledge about the role and the responsibilities of the mentor in Erasmus+/ESC projects;
- get familiar with the main competences of a mentor;
- gain valuable insights on the practical application of mentorship;
- gain knowledge on the various models of mentorship;
- get an overview of a mentorship session in practice;
- understand the relevancy of practical approaches in mentorship.
We will cover some basic information on the following topics: a distinction between mentorship and counselling, the aspects behind the psychology of mentorship processes, role and responsibilities of a mentor, reviewing different aspects concerning the knowledge and skills associated with the role of the mentor, planning and implementation of a mentorship session, practical approaches to common situations in mentorship.
You will be able to connect with people from different countries and learn at your own pace.
Do you like reading? We provide you with e-books for every chapter. Do you learn better when someone guides you through the new material? Watch our audio-video presentations! Are you a visual learner? Use our mind map to remember important information! Do you want to apply new knowledge? Solve the missions, take the quizzes and play the game! Do you want to further explore the topics? Consult the supplementary resources!
You will need between 25 to 30 hours to complete the course, depending on your study pace. You can choose your own study period within the general course period proposed: June 2020.
Our course is free of charge for the participants, thanks to the funds from Erasmus+ programme and the efforts made by the team of the project.
When you have fulfilled the basic requirements, you will get a course attendance certificate.
The course is available in English, Romanian, Italian and Spanish. You can choose the language group which suits you best.
Basic – Intermediate
Follow up – After the course:
- you can enrol in the Advanced Module of the course, interact with other participants in an international context and further develop your competences as a mentor;
- you can join the non-formal network – community of practice for mentors in volunteering activities;
The project – This course is provided through the E+ project “Online training courses for E+ Youth Workers”, funded with support from the European Commission. More about the project and the other online modules developed in the project can be found here.
Predict CSD Consulting – Romania;
Asociacion Mundus – Spain;
V2020 – United Kingdom;
Cesie – Italy;
Millenium Center – Romania.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Non – Applicable.