Training Course: The Power of Non Formal Education
Dates: 16-21 December 2019
Venue: Bonn, Germany
Eligible are 27 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 30th September 2019
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in creating empowerment opportunities for young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe).
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
– To reconsider daily youth work practices.
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme..
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Jugend für Europa – National Agency
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Power of NFE.pdf
Contact for questions: