Training Course: 8 Senses Training Course
Dates: 15-21 June 2020
Venue: TBC, Bulgaria
Eligible are 35 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 24th April 2020
8 Senses is 5 days (+ 2 days for travelling) TC for youth workers to learn, practice and apply methods for inclusion, participation, creativity and sustainability in their work with youth, including NEETs and young people with fewer opportunities.
What is 8 Senses?
Everything and everyone are always in certain environment. And everything all together, as we know it on the Earth is The Environment from which we are all part of. This is our starting point for training attitudes of inclusion, participation, creativity and environmentalism.
We will work with some of the following questions:
- What is inclusion?
- What is participation?
- What is creativity?
- What is sustainable thinking?
- What is the role of the youth and youth workers as parts of the environment?
- What is solicitude and how is it shaped by the environment?
- What attitudes do we hold regarding ourselves, the environment and the mutual interaction between us?
- Can we participate in creating Less pollution and waste?
- What makes environment a skill and competence?
- How to implement ‘cradle to cradle’ thinking in our local society?
- How to create, design and utilize the environmental thinking and elements in our youth work to create interest, increase participation and work sustain-ably?
This training will build dialogue between youth workers from EU countries, who will have the opportunity to work on variety of real case studies. In the process will be used different methods from learning by doing, non-formal education and other interactive practices. We will create together ideas for solutions on some of the most common environmental issues in Europe (sustainability and urban lifestyle, air pollution in big cities, waste management, electronic recycling, city gardening and food management, non-violent use of the environment etc.)
- To bring to the knowledge of young people the possibility to see through different point of view the aspects of the importance of the personal attitude.
- To build general understanding for the concept of sustainability.
- To explore the idea of holistic approach in everyday life and its transformation and application in environmental attitude.
- To have an action plan and participation attitude at the end of the training in the process of re-defining and solving simple environment issues.
- To show and experience in a group the possibility of develop personal skills by changing and transforming the surrounding environment.
In this training participants will practice competences with strong emphasis on empowering attitudes, participation and inclusion.
At the end of the 5 days we will seeks for changes and transformation in the attitude and in the deeper understanding of what can be done further in order to protect our planet and how we can be more sustainable part of the nature. All that through the perspective of European youth work.
We will include many outdoor tasks, challenges and quests related to the observation and collaboration with the others and with the surrounding environment. The training includes also an “action plan” with real case experience and exchange of different levels of expertise, a possibility to see the topic from different viewpoints on the European civic dimension of Public engagement.
Profile of Participants
- Youth workers with proven track record of involvement in an NGO as well as:
- Interested in inclusion and sustainability;
- Working with NEETs and youth with fewer opportunities;
- Working on youth participation;
- Willing to expand their professional competences of inclusion, participation, cooperation, creativity, entrepreneurship and initiative, involvement and participation of youth, including those with fewer opportunities; leadership, communication, teamwork, design thinking, problem solving;
- Are recognised as a significant and active young people among their peers and in the local society;
- Have will and are keen to take follow up actions to disseminate the topic of environmentalism on local level;
- 18 years old and older;
- Able to use English as a working language.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Human Resource Development Centre – National Agency
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack 8 senses 2020.pdf
Contact for questions: