Training Course: Erasmus+ Training course “YOUth SuPpORT”
Dates: 8-15 March 2020
Venue: Larnaca, Cyprus
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Bulgaria, Hungary, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden
Application deadline: 7th February 2020
This project will equip youth workers with knowledge and skills how to use sport and physical activity as a tool for increasing the active participation and inclusion of young people in society, with a focus on those with fewer opportunities.
Participation in sport and active play brings a number of personal, societal and health benefits to young people, especially to those who are marginalized.
Raising levels of activity and participation in sports not only improves health outcomes and reduces costs to health services and the wider economy, but can also contribute to a range of positive social outcomes including crime reduction, improved levels of well-being and mental health, increased educational attainment and more cohesive communities.
The main aim of our project is to equip youth workers with knowledge and skills how to use sport and physical activity as a tool for increasing the active participation and inclusion of young people in society, with a focus on those with fewer opportunities.
We are looking for participants with the following profile:
• youth workers, NGO trainers, facilitators, mentors, coaches, project managers, coordinators and volunteers who are dedicated to working with young people with fewer opportunities in their local reality (working with refugees and migrants young people is desirable, but not necessary);
• have the basic knowledge of facilitation of sport and outdoor based learning processes;
• have a desire to apply their competences in developing new non-formal education tools that would increase the social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities (orphans, refugees and migrant young people);
• are supported by their respective organisations in applying their competencies and newly developed tools in working with young people with fewer opportunities.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
All costs for accomodation, training materials and food (3 times per day ) are provided
- Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Republic of North Macedonia – up to 275 €
- Sweden, Spain – up to 360 €
Non – Applicable