Training Course: Be Initiative!
Dates: 27 November – 1 December 2019
Venue: Prague, Czech Republic
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 30th September 2019
Do you have a project idea in your mind? Do you want to turn your idea into reality? Join “Be Initiative” training and learn how to contribute to creating a world you want to live in. Meet inspiring people, create projects and get support along the way.
”Be Initiative!“ is a training course aiming at empowering young people in turning their innovative ideas into action. It is for those who have an idea in mind and are looking for support in making it happen.
We will explore different ways of possible active engagement both on personal and community level, business and non-profit. You will learn various project design tools and methods, meet successful entrepreneurs and project leaders and have an opportunity to clarify what are the steps you need to take to bring your project to life. Part of the training course will also be focused on Transnational Youth Initiatives of the programme Erasmus+ which will give you an insight to possible international project opportunities.
- To explore different dimensions of entrepreneurship competence – both personal and community level; business and non-profit;
- To provide participants with mentoring and support regarding their individual project ideas;
- To equip participants with tools to evaluate and develop ideas into successful projects;
- To provide knowledge on Transnational Youth Initiatives in the frame of the Erasmus+ programme as a possible tool for international cooperation;
- To create space for networking and encourage participants to create international partnerships.
The training is for the participants who:
- are between 18 and 30 years old;
- would like to start a smaller-scale project, either non-profit, business or other;
- are interested in Erasmus+ opportunities, namely Transnational Youth Initiatives;
- are committed to attend the training for the full duration;
- are able to communicate in English;
- are from an eligible country.
Programme of the Course
The exact content of the training will be specified based on the needs of selected participants, who will receive a programme schedule before the training.
What you can expect:
- Project development tools
- Idea pitching
- Mapping your own resources and personal strengths
- Site visit of an enterprise
- Living Library with guest entrepreneurs and project leaders
- Information on international funding and learning opportunities
Wednesday 27th November is the arrival day. You will need to arrive at the venue in Prague latest 5 pm as we will be starting the programme in the early evening. From 28th to 30th November we will have three full days dedicated to the programme of the training. 1st December, Sunday is the departure day. All the other days are for your projects to flourish.
About the Trainers
Klára helps young people to be active. As a non-formal education trainer she has been covering mainly political participation, activism, NGOs and volunteering. She believes in the power of non-formal education, social justice, human rights and environmental protection.
Katerina is a trainer, facilitator, youth worker, coach and co-founder of an NGO Brno Connected (CZ). She has more than 10 years experience with non-formal education and experiential learning, both on local and international level, currently focusing on implementing personal development and coaching into non-formal education.
Since 2015 she has been designing and delivering international projects within Erasmus+ programme, focusing on topics of communication, cooperation, creativity, personal responsibility and sustainable entrepreneurship.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme..
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Erasmus+ Youth, National Agency – Czech Republic
Phone: +420 733 125 974
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: