Training Course: Influence YOUth
Dates: 25 October – 1 November 2019
Venue: Byblos, Lebanon
Eligible are 24 trainees coming from: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Hungary, Lebanon, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 22nd September 2019
Influence YOUth training course is focusing on developing the skills and competences of youth workers to empower them to take up leadership positions and to equip them with tools to lead a youth organisation.
Influence YOUth is a training course focusing on the development of skills and competences of youth workers in organisational management.
With this training course we would like to train young people active in our organisations to make them more conscious of their personal leadership, and to be able to engage young people more actively in their communities by using creative and innovative methods and effective techniques.
We seek to address the need of empowering youth through engagement and self-motivation and effective non-formal and informal learning methods to become able and competent to lead a youth organisation. We are ready to introduce different, sometimes unusual methods to address issues such heavy topics as communication development, conflict resolution and effective teamwork and strategic planning.
The training course is build up on the idea of understanding and applying organizational management techniques such as planning and organizing, leadership skills development, people, time and budget management. During the training course youth worker will develop their skills and competences in such important topics as assertive communication, effective team-work and strategic planning while understanding the importance of youth work and the role they play in the development of their communities.
Taking under consideration the needs of the organizations involved the content of this training course will be based on the following objectives:
- To identify the role of youth work in our societies and to understand the importance of youth workers
- To provide participants with different tools to acquire knowledge and to develop skills and competencies in organizational management
- To introduce effective communication, leadership and teamwork techniques
- To develop competences to implement tools, non-formal and informal educational methods of decision making and strategic thinking
- To provide space for participants for discussion and sharing best practices and to develop their leadership skills and competences using tandem method
- To improve knowledge about Erasmus+ Programme as a tool for enhancing the international dimension of youth work through capacity building activities
At the end of the training course, our participants will be motivated to participate more actively in the lives of their organisations, develop more projects with and for young people and will be better equipped to provide a higher quality of youth work delivery due to their experience, skills and knowledge.
During our training course we are going to use non-formal and informal educational tools, especially Tandem learning. The training course will be based on an interactive and participative approach.
The processes of learning from each other and learning by doing will be crucial, as well as self-directed Tandem, where partners equally share their knowledge while placing emphasis on integration and promoting independent learning experience. The training course will stimulate creativity, communication and active participation.
The TC “Influence YOUth” will take place in Simar Jbeil in Byblos, Lebanon between 25. October – 1. November 2019. There will be 30 participants coming from 10 different countries: Hungary, UK, Spain, Turkey, Bulgaria, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Accomodation, food and programme costs are fully covered by the organisers.
Travel costs are determined by standards set strictly by Erasmus+ Programme.
The maximum possible travel contribution for each person is:
- 20 Euro from: Lebanon
- 275 Euro from: Turkey, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 360 Euro from: Hungary, Palestine
- 530 Euro from: Morocco, Spain, United Kingdom
Visa and visa application costs are maximum 100 Euro/person.
A participation fee of €50 per participant is expected to be paid as contribution.