Conference Embracing Inclusion: Cross-sectoral Transnational Conference
Dates: 22-24 January 2020
Venue: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Eligible are 80-100 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Application deadline: 24th November 2019
The cross-sectoral transnational ‘Embracing Inclusion’ conference will gather and disseminate the realities, achievements and aspirations of national and international inclusion projects under the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
This 3-day conference will emphasize the cooperation between different sectors (Youth, VET, Adult Ed., formal education, third sector, etc.), as well as between different programme countries, in order to create better opportunities for people with fewer opportunities and enable their active involvement in society and integration into the education and the labour market.
“Embracing Inclusion” will concentrate on four specific inclusion topics relevant to young people and young adults:
- Support for those in NEET situation / facing economic obstacles
- Building resilience against extremism or radicalisation
- Strategies for those from disadvantaged rural areas / facing geographical obstacles
- Approaches to assist people with health issues, disability and mental (ill) health
- January 21 – Arrival day and evening reception
- January 22 (Day 1) – Sharing different realities of people with fewer opportunities across Europe, across different sectors and different levels
- January 23 (Day 2) – Celebrating the achievements of Erasmus+/European Solidarity Corps by learning about/presenting successful practices, approaches, projects and networks
- January 24 (Day 3) – Reflecting on potential areas for improvements to make the successor programmes more inclusive and accessible
- January 25 – Departure day
- To explore different realities of people with fewer opportunities across Europe, across different sectors and different levels and to examine the links to the EU priorities and strategies.
- To exchange the variety of ways, challenges and good practice of working with people with fewer opportunities and highlight the possibility of cross-sectoral partnership projects.
- To share resources, tools and methods on working with people with fewer opportunities.
- To promote the value of international collaboration for people with fewer opportunities and the possibilities of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
- To look ahead to future collaboration opportunities, mapping routes to increased cooperation on inclusion.
Embracing Inclusion will bring together 80-100 beneficiaries and stakeholders relevant to the above topics areas and with the following profile:
- Erasmus+ beneficiaries delivering inclusion focused projects
- Newcomers in the field of inclusion but experienced in the international level/Erasmus+ Youth,
- Organisations experienced in national level inclusivity development programmes but not working on international level/Erasmus+ Youth,
- Young people or young adults particularly those with inclusion experience or background,
Other stakeholders with regards to inclusion of YPFO,
- Representatives from the National Agencies and SALTO resource centres
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Erasmus+ UK National Agency
Phone: +44 (0) 121 212 8947
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions: