Training Course: Be active! Make a change in 2020!
Dates: 1-8 May 2020
Venue: St Albans, United Kingdom
Eligible are 34 participants coming from: Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Romania, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 27th March 2020
“Be active! Make a change in 2020!”, a 7-day-lasting international seminar with different 8 countries involved: Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Romania, Latvia, Italy, Turkey and United Kingdom, designed for youth worker to improve communication and social skills
“Be active! Make a change in 2020!”, a 7-day-lasting international seminar with different 8 countries involved: Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Romania, Latvia, Italy, Turkey and United Kingdom, 34 participants, designed for youth workers/educators/ youth leaders/facilitators to improve communication and social skills of the youths. The topics addressed are wellbeing, inclusion and social dialogue.
‘Be active! Make a change in 2020!’ project aims to promote quality in youth work projects and their impact through creating a groundwork to build enhanced compassionate, thoughtful and healthy communities where participants can be confident with their emotions, share experiences, develop positive mind-sets and develop tools and strategies designed to address their social issues efficiently and develop their capacity.
- To explore the concept of wellbeing, how to improve and maintain wellbeing;
- To familiarise with and better understand how to create healthy, compassionate and supportive communities;
- To promote values such as social inclusion, tolerance and empathy;
- To raise attention about non-formal education as a tool to promote integration and fight against racism and xenophobia;
- To explore concepts as compassion, empathy and mindfulness;
- To develop youth workers’ skills, competences and knowledge in positive physiology, teamwork, leadership and coaching;
- To develop their capacity to communicate in compassionate and nonviolent manner;
- To create space for supporting process and development in order to build up competences of the participants on how be a good learner and how to be creative;
- To assess and exchange good practices and common pitfalls;
- To create space for creating new networks and for the fostering of new partnerships in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme.
The seminar is designed for leaders working directly with and for young people on a daily basis like youth workers, trainers, teachers, facilitators and community leaders. Participants need to be willing and committed to fully participated during all sessions of the seminar and should furthermore commit to carry out agreed preparatory tasks and be willing to follow-up on the seminar outcomes via active youth work, ideally in co-operation with their partner organisation.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Travel costs, food and accommodation will be covered by the organisers.
Following the rules of Erasmus+, the costs of your international travel are covered up to the following total amounts (if you prove that your travel falls into the corresponding distance band).
We will cover your travel costs according to the European Commission travel reimbursement to a maximum amount per country acording to the Erasmus + distance calculator. Travel for Activity will be reimbursed up to the following amounts per person:
- UK – €20 -180 (depending on distance)
- Latvia and Italy – €275
- Greece, Romania, Malta and Turkey – €360
- Cyprus – €530
UK visa fees will also be reimbursed (only if the visa is issued).
Non – Applicable