Training Course: Together Against Hate Speech
Dates: 31 May – 08 Jun 2019
Venue: Topola, Serbia
We are looking for 3 participants coming from: Greece
and Involves 30 participants coming from: Serbia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Latvia, Turkey
Application deadline: 29th May 2019
ATTENTION: Last call for applicants!
Hate speech is not a new issue; it constitutes in fact a criminal once in many countries. But its online dimension and the potential negative impact on democratic development amplify its risks and gives new reasons for concern among young people and organizations.
Intolerance and ‘hate’ have been a feature of human society almost since time began. A number of studies have identified an increase in these attitudes over recent years. The problem is that if there is less tolerance of differences, and if the constraints on that intolerance are not watched, then intolerance – and hate – will find expression, both in the things that people do and in the things, they say.
– Learn about hate speech, particularly online hate speech.
– Increasing the competences of youth leaders, youth workers and educators in the field of anti-hate speech activism and Human Rights Education;
– To get to know various national and international good practices;
– To gain understanding of the role of international youth work in promoting human rights and democracy values both on and offline through international youth projects
– To reach mutual understanding about the concept of human rights, specifically freedom of
expression, hate speech and terminology used
– To increase participants’ knowledge on the topics: human rights, hate speech, hate crimes.
– Learn concrete tools for addressing hate speech, including receive training on the use of
– Receive information on the Erasmus+ Youth Programme and the Council of Europe’s No Hate Speech Movement.
– Plan and develop small educational follow-up activity, multiplier events or campaign activity.
– Disseminate the educational approaches of the NHSM among participants in the participants countries.
The participants will be youth workers that are active members of the organizations of the partners involved which:
• youth workers and youth leaders active in non – formal education field;
• are willing to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to play an active role towards an intercultural society
• are working or plan to work with multicultural groups on local, national or international level;
• would like to get practical and theoretical knowledge,
• have already “some” experience with working with young people;
• have previous experience in intercultural activities and/or are familiar with concept of intercultural learning;
• are able to communicate in English (The official language of the training course will be English).
• are at least 18 years old;
• are motivated to be fully involved in preparation process (homework’s) and attend at least 98% of the training course.
• are motivated to take part in after training phase (evaluation, self-assessment, etc.).
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation. During the exchange the catering will be provided (breakfast, lunch, dinner, 2 coffee breaks).
We will take care of our space where we will live, work and learn therefore we need to keep the place clean and useful for our activities.
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme, within following limits:
Greece: 180 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
– Participation fee 30 euro per participant. The fee will be deposited after succesful selection of the candidates (non-refundable in case of cancellation).
Travel Reimbursement: will be made after the end of the project, by end of July.
ZSD – Youth NGO
YiA 18 – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English