Training Course: Creating Paddle Ability
Dates: 22-31 May 2019
Venue: Cunovo, Slovak Republic
Eligible are 29 participants coming from: Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic
Application deadline: 28th February 2019
Creating Paddle Ability is an outdoor training course for youth workers, trainers and instructors who would like to get new experience and knowledge in working with experiential and outdoor education, and in particularly water based activities.
-Would you like to learn how to use experiential education methods?
-Would you like to learn some kayaking skills?
-Would like to discover and push your own limits?
Creating Paddle Ability is an outdoor training course for youth workers, trainers and instructors who would like to get new experience and knowledge or improve already existing ones in water based programs. The course is funded by Erasmus+ program.
The training course will be in English. Most of the activities will be outdoors, you can expect very few indoor sessions.
The aim of the training course is to develop youth workers’ skills and toolboxes for working with young people in outdoor context. The long term perspective is to encourage youth workers and organizations to run water based programs with youth from different backgrounds, including young people from disadvantaged background.
- Trainers, educators, instructors, facilitators, youth workers or volunteers working with youth and youth from disadvantaged background
- Motivated to learn new methods of experiential education
- Interested in outdoor activities
- Beginner and intermediate experienced paddlers are welcome. It is important for this program that you are keen on learning new paddling skills.
What will you get from this training course?
- Learn new experiential education methods
- Learn and practice new safety and technical skills for water based program
- Develop your capabilities and skills for their work with young people and young people from disadvantaged background
The program will consist of 3 parts:
LEARN AND PRACTICE, where you will learn about the others in the group and practice technical skills together
INSPIRE, where you will plan, execute and reflect the 3 days water expedition
APPLY and REFLECT, where you will learn advanced skills, think of ways how to use the learned methods in your work with youth actually create and execute a water-based program for youth, under the supervision of the trainers
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme
Accommodation will be provided from 22nd – 31st May in wooden bungalows in the Divoka Voda center in Čunovo, please expect basic but nice and clean accommodation. Showers and toilets are 50m away. Three days and two nights will be spent on an expedition in the wilderness, camping in tents.
Full board is provided at the hotel 100m away. During the 3 days expedition you will prepare your own meals.
Reimbursement will be done only after receiving the needed reimbursement documents (tickets, invoices…)
- Finland: max. 360€ / person
- Romania, Croatia, : max 275€ / person
- Hungary, Czech Republic: max. 180€ / person
- Slovakia: max. 20€ / person
Participation fee will be required only from accepted applicants. We will ask you to confirm your presence by payment in March 80€ / person.
As renting the needed equipment for running the training is quite expensive, the collected application fees will be used for covering some of the costs for rentals.