PBA Solidarity: Opening the door to new volunteering fields
Dates: 24-29 May 2020
Venue: Budapest, Hungary
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Partner Countries Neighbouring the EU
Application deadline: 16th February 2020
The event aims to bring together different organisations, newcomers and the ones that have experience and are interested in new fields of volunteering.
How can European Solidarity Corps – volunetering projects be implemented in fields such as climate change, social economy, libraries and museums, online activism, intergenerational dialogue, human rights and other areas?
This networking event aims to bring together new and experienced organisations who are interested to become part of the European Solidarity Corps community; a community of active organisations that goes beyond by exploring new volunteering areas and co-creates relevant opportunities through an inspiring process.
- Create a frame for sharing experience in the field of volunteering, from different areas of expertise
- Discuss and understand Solidarity as one of the core values in volunteering
- Explore new fields of volunteering beyond the outreach of the former European Voluntary Service programme
- Motivate the organisations to join the European Solidarity Corps community
- Support networking between organisations and encourage them to establish trans-national projects in the framework of the European Solidarity Corps programme
The event is for participants with the following background:
- Newcomer organisations / institutions interested in stepping in the Solidarity Corps volunteering action, with or without the Quality Label.
- Experienced organisations interested to have new partners in new fields of volunteering
Programme and methodology
The event is an networking activity that aims to generate new partnerships across Europe for volunteering. The programme will be based on the principles of non-formal learning. The methods used will be interactive and participatory. There will be space for participants to share thier experience and expertize in all types of volunteering. The programme includes field visits in Budapest.
This project is financed by the European Solidarity Corps Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project. After being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or the SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your European Solidarity Corps NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre – SALTO Resource Centre
- Hungarian National Agency (Tempus Public Foundation – Erasmus+ YOUTH Unit) (National Agency)
- Austrian National Agency (IZ -Verein zur Förderung von Vielfalt, Dialog und Bildung) (National Agency)
- Finish National Agency (Finnish National Agency for Education’s (EDUFI) (National Agency)
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Programme Door to Solidarity.jpg
Contact for questions: