EVS: L’ Europe through volunteerism
Dates: 1st September 2019 – 2020 (10 – 12 months volunteering project)
Venue: Agen, France (town located between Bordeaux and Toulouse)
Eligible are 1 or 2 participant(s) coming from: Greece
Application deadline: 14th April 2019
ATTENTION: Last call for volunteers!
European Voluntary Service provides to young volunteers a unique opportunity to live in a foreign country and collaborate with a fair cause, a personal and professional growth experience free of charge.
The participant will spend 10 to 12 months in France and will work as a volunteer to organise cultural or awareness events for the local people.
Furthermore, the volunteer will be allowed to integrate their own ideas and experience. We’ re completely open to new suggested projects from our international volunteers, knowing that their inputs can be really valuable.
“Maison de l’Europe” is a non-profit organization created in 1966. Our main activities are promoting the European values and the European citizenship, encouraging and helping youth to take advantage of the opportunities abroad, and organizing foreign language courses.
The language teachers, all of foreign origin, help enrich the international diversity of our association. It has been labelled Europe Direct information Centre by the European Commission in January 2013.
- To promote knowledge of the European Union, its institutions and its development by organizing events, workshops, games, debates and conferences, in particular within the framework of the priorities defined by the European Union.
- To participate in the development of a climate of peace and friendship between the inhabitants of Europe, in partnership with associations which pursue similar goals, as well as with public bodies, and state institutions. This is why we promote and coordinate international mobility, and organize language courses.
- Since 2009, we help the EVS volunteers that our association hosts, to discover the language, the culture and to meet people with different backgrounds. We make sure they manage to integrate in the social life of the city, and we help them follow their personal development plan.
What do we do?
- Events and workshops on Europe/ European Union, it’s functions, activities and institutions
- Organizing conferences and debates for a wide public on subjects such as discrimination, rights of the European citizen, European elections; the themes approached are mostly Europe related (poverty and solidarity, inter-generation, European citizenship, fight against food waste, the year of the development, disability)
- We organize every year conferences and visits of the European institutions in Strasbourg or Brussels
- We receive European ambassadors or consuls for conferences
- Animations/ Games/ Workshops on different topics with both children and adults
- Promoting international mobility and European mobility programs to local youth (schools, universities, formation centers, institutions, youth centers, etc)
- Helping youth research and prepare for going abroad
- Cultural events
- Language courses
- Language café
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Animations for primary school children
- Promoting EVS, ESC (European Solidarity Corps) and international mobility in high-schools and universities
- Participating in facilitating workshops and events on Europe, citizenship and mobility towards associations, communities, students.
- Organizing workshops based on the needs and requests of the people from the department Lot-et-Garonne – we organize interventions and frequently travel in the whole region
- Conducting English workshops for children and teenagers
- Animate the language café
- Supporting the association in their activities
The association also offers support for the volunteers to develop their own personal projects during their residence in France.
- Professional experience is not required, we rather take into consideration the motivation and interests of the applicant
- French is not obligatory, but having a basic level will help you a lot (We offer French language courses and access to OLS – Online Linguistic Support)
We are looking for someone:
- Enjoys both teamwork and working individually
- Willing to learn and develop
- Interested in European topics and international mobility
- Comfortable with conducting workshops and public speaking
- Interested in learning French
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation. 100% for travel cost (maximum amount see down).
– Provided health insurance.
- Food and accommodation is FREE
- Everything is FREE OF CHARGE for the volunteer!
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ program, within following limits:
Greece: 275 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
- Monthly allowance: 220 euro for the volunteer (pocket money+food allowance)
YiA 18, in partnership with Le “Maison de l’Europe” – NGO
How to apply??
Send us your CV and your motivation letter in English or French. Your motivation letter should explain why you would like to join us and should give information to know you better
You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 14th of April, 2019.
Contact for questions:
Working language: English (basic knowledge)
Profile of participants: Motivated young people (17-30), residents of Greece.