Training Course Camino: Training on value-based assistance
Dates: 26 August – 2 September 2019
Venue: Benediktbeuern, Germany
Eligible are 25 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 30th June 2019
CAMINO is a training course on value-based assistance in NFE. It aims at training experienced educators and trainers in youth work to become equipped in dealing with intra and interreligious dialogue within an intercultural youth work setting.
DBYN has a tradition of using intra- and interreligious dialogue in non-formal education. In our educational methodology we refer to this as value-based assistance or Salesian chaplaincy.
It allows young people from all worldviews to share their values in life, refraining from any form of proselytism. This preventive approach puts young people in the centre. It builds their intercultural and social competences allowing them to see through cultural and religious stereotypes. These competences enable their participation in building their local communities through their active engagement as volunteers.
CAMINO is a 6-day training course on value-based assistance in non-formal education. It aims at training experienced educators and trainers in youth work to become equipped in dealing with intra-and interreligious dialogue within an intercultural youth work setting.
With this training course, DBYN wants to commit developing and transferring our expertise in interreligious dialogue from grassroots level to European level.
The training course takes place in Benediktbeuern, Germany from the 26th of August until the 2nd of September 2019.
The main aim of this training course is to develop and implement a qualitative learning programme on value-based assistance in non-formal education, aimed at generating strategic impact on DBYN and the wider European youth sector. In order to put achieve this aim, we put forward 3 objectives:
- To train 25 young educators and trainers in value-based assistance through a qualitative non-formal learning programme, aimed at setting up a sustainable pool of Salesian chaplains.
- To collect new methods, approaches, insights and policy recommendations for value-based assistance within non-formal learning, from the perspective of intra- and interreligious dialogue, and make them available as resource through online platforms.
- To develop a qualitative non-formal learning programme, and publish it the format of a training manual which can be disseminated within our network, to other faith-based INGYOs and the wider European youth sector.
This project is financed by the European Youth Foundation.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
- Germany, € 40,00
- Czech Republic, € 100,00
- Austria, € 160,00
- Slovenia, € 200,00
- Ukraine, € 210,00
- Netherlands, € 220,00
- Belgium, France, Montenegro, € 230,00
- Malta, United Kingdom, € 240,00
- Spain, € 260,00
- Slovakia, € 280,00
- Ireland, Italy, € 320,00
- Poland, € 330,00
Each participant is invited to contribute to this course with €90
Don Bosco Youth-Net ivzw – Youth NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: InfoPack Camino Germany.pdf
Contact for questions: