Training Course: Build your Future
Dates: 1-10 August 2019
Venue: Targoviste, Romania
Eligible are 12 participants coming from: Malta, Romania, Slovak Republic
Application deadline: 20th June 2019
Build Your Future is a training course that aim is to give youth workers the knowledge and competence in the area of employability, to empower them with methods and tools in order to facilitate young people especially NEETs entry on labour market.
Build Your Future training course pay attention to youth unemployment phenomenon and NEETs category. In the last years the economic crisis has led to high levels of youth unemployment and thus disengagement among young people.
As a consequence, the European Union is facing one of its greatest challenge in terms of youth unemployment. In light of this, European officials have sought new ways of monitoring and analysing the prevalence of labour market vulnerability and disengagement among young people, aiming to effectively engage as many of Europe’s young people as possible in the world of work.
This aim become the heart of the EU policy agenda, special attention being given to provide youth with employment and training opportunities in order to strengthen their skills and knowledge to be adapted to new work situations. A special attention is given to the NEETs category facilitating their access to the labour market.
In the context of economic crisis, another chalange faced by everybody is the dynamics of the labour market, the changing world, where new skills are required from employees. The focus is on soft skills which lead to the success to the entry to the labour market.
Employers are not looking only for theoretic knowledge known as hard skills, they are focusing now on competences and soft skills as team work, effective communication, time and conflict management, work under pressure which definitively influence if a person is hired.
Regarding this challenges our training course aims to provide youth workers who work with unemployed young people and NEETs, with necessary skills and tools to help them to enter the labour market and to raise the level of employment among them also job satisfaction.
The objectives of the training are:
• To improve the level of knowledge of young workers in the area of employability and soft skills in order to promote participation to the labour market;
• To develop soft skills of youth workers in order to facilitate the entry of young people and NEETs, to labor market;
• To improve the quality of youth work in favour of young people;
• To empower youth workers with new tools in the area of youth employability;
• To understand the dynamics of labor market and the skills that young people need in the new working context.
- Youth workers, youth leaders and trainers.
- interested in the topic and motivated to participate in the project;
- minimum 2 year of experience with young people, especially unemployed young people from rural areas, youth with fewer opportunities and NEETs;
- minimum 2 year of experience in non-formal education;
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
The travel costs are reimbursed up to these limits:
- Slovak Republic – 275 € per participant
- Malta – 275 € per participant.
The reimbursement of travel costs will be done at the end of the training course, upon we will receive all travel documents in original (tickets, boarding passes, invoices, etc).
Non – Applicable