Conference Include Transform Realise: Transnational Forum II
Dates: 24-28 March 2020
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
Eligible are 60 participants coming from: Austria, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 26th January 2020
It is aimed to reach out trainers/facilitators, youth workers/leaders with or without disabilities in order to improve their capacities for working with young people with disabilities in local/national/international level in terms of Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Participants from youth sector will gather in Istanbul for the transnational forum “Include, Transform, Realise II”, to discuss how to increase active participation and inclusion of young people with disabilities in Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
The Erasmus+ Programme provides multiple opportunities for all, however young people with disabilities still have a limited access to these opportunities due to several physical and attitudinal barriers.
It is strongly aimed to reach out youth workers, youth leaders, trainers or facilitators with disabilities and without disabilities in order to improve their capacities of working with young people with disabilities in local/national/international level in terms of Erasmus+ Youth Programme and encourage them to organize inclusive mixed ability group projects.
Specific objectives of the Forum:
- To promote equality, social inclusion and mixed ability youth work in Erasmus + Youth Programme.
- To develop a better understanding of disability within youth work and create a disability-friendly concept of youth work.
- To focus on abilities rather than disabilities to improve the interaction between young people with and without disabilities.
- To identify and discuss common challenges and propose concrete actions, which would help to address those challenges
- To increase the number and the quality of the youth workers, leaders, trainers and facilitators in youth sector who have high awareness of disability and eager to involve young people with disabilities into youth projects by applying inclusive methodologies.
- To provide an opportunity for the NGOs to deepen the dialogue and advance cooperation and develop sustainable partnerships for the future mixed ability group projects within Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Methodology: Inclusive non-formal education methods will be used based on learning by doing and exchanging of the previous experiences and best practices. Forum will consist of panels, workshops, best practices and partnership building activities. Inclusive non-formal education methodologies will be used. Participants are expected to actively take part and contribute to the programme.
Target group: “Active”participants with no age limit (youth workers, youth leaders, youth NGO representatives, youth trainers or facilitators) who can contribute to the thematic focus of the Forum and who have experience or high motivation to work with young people with disabilities. Participants with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
The call is open for participants from Erasmus+ Programme countries who;
- can communicate in English (the activities will be held in English as the working language);
- can commit to actively take part in the Forum as well as in the preparation phase, for instance by sharing information on their activities in online spaces, contributing to the Forum design and getting acquainted with relevant background documents;
- can commit to share the experiences and learning gained during the Forum with other interested young people and/or stakeholders
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO Resource Centre involved in this project.
Your sending National Agency or Regional SALTO Resource Centre will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA/SALTO RC to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Turkish National Agency
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Available downloads: Timeschedule Forum 2020.pdf
Contact for questions:
NA-Turkey Youth Work Unit