Training Course: A New Path
Dates: 8-16 September 2019
Venue: Bergolo, Italy
Eligible are 32 participants coming from: Austria, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Tunisia
Application deadline: 5th July 2019
“A New Path” is a 8 days (+1 travel day) training course that aims to increase youth workers, leaders and organizers awareness of the reasons behind the journey undertaken by migrants and refugees and the hardship they encounter.
“A New Path” Training Course ( 8th – 15th September + 16th September as travel day) aims to increase youth workers, leaders and organizers awareness of the reasons behind the journey undertaken by migrants and refugees and the hardship they encounter.
Migration is one of the major social, economic and political issues and the lack of information related to it, is leading to challenges for both migrants and hosting societies.
The program of the training is designed to reach the following goals and objectives:
- equip youth workers and leaders with tools and knowledge on how to be catalysts of integration with the youth they work with
- bring a new understand of the difficulties that migrants endure & what makes them leave their home country
- learn how they can help them integrate in the new communities
- breaking stereotypes about the topic
- raise awareness on migrants’ situation and feelings
- explore the role of youth workers and leaders in the inclusion process of refugees and migrants
- create new tools that can be used for a successful inclusion process
Age limit 24+ is defined in order to guarantee a minimum previous experience in youth field from the candidates. Such limit is specifically approved by the Italian NA according to the project.
Information about European Health Insurance Card as required in the application form will be used only and exclusively for the training purpose and to guarantee the necessary security measures for its implementation.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The hosting organisation of this offer will organise and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Travel is reimbursed up to the following maximum amounts:
- Italy: 20€
- Austria, Lithuania, Greece, Tunisia, Malta: 250€
- Lebanon, Jordan: 335€
* A private bus is arranged in order to bring the whole group of participants from Torino city center to the accommodation of the training course in Bergolo and vice versa. The 25€ cost for the round trip bus is already deducted from the amount available for travel reimbursement, as showed in the list above
30€ participation fee