Training Course: Ready to mediate? Direction- Youth!
Dates: 23 November – 1 December 2019
Venue: Rustavi, Georgia
Eligible are 35 participants coming from: Armenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Italy, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine
Application deadline: 1st November 2019
Ready to mediate? Direction- Youth! – is a project for youth workers, educators, trainers, NGO representatives who work with young people and would like to develop skills connected with mediation as a method of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
The training course with elements of PBA is targeted at people actively involved in youth work and who already have some experience in non-formal education and experiential learning and willing to know more about mediation and implement its techniques in their daily work.
The programme is designed for people who are ready to learn, explore, discover and develop their skills, competences and know-how and will be able to use it later in their jobs and communities and develop further projects on this topic.
The course is based on non-formal education methodology and will have a form of practical exercises and simulations. Participants will have a chance to understand: how active listening works, how to practice the loop of understanding, how to paraphrase, summarise and emphasise, how to be creative in conflict resolution process, what to do in order to find common grounds etc.
The programme will be built on actual knowledge and experiences of the participants. It will also allow for strong intercultural aspect in a form of simulation exercises. Simulations will be especially designed for the course and will allow the participants to experience the conflict “inside-out” both as mediators and the parties to the dispute. Detailed programme will be sent at the end of October. It will be adjusted to the needs and expectations of participants.
Apart from participating in the Training Course in Georgia all participants undertake to conduct local activities (at least one workshop with young people) after the mobility and taking part in dissemination and follow up phases of the project.
Aims and Objectives of the training course
The project is an initiative aimed at raising awareness among youth workers and in the future among youth about mediation and conflict transformation as a constructive and peaceful approach to managing conflicts.
The main objectives are the following:
- To enhance youth workers competences in conflict management particularly through the development of mediation skills and empower them to engage in constructive conflict resolution
- To enhance the creation of a network of organisations with expertise in the topics of mediation and/or conflict transformation or willing to gain it to develop future projects related to the topic.
- To explore the topic of multiculturalism and intercultural dialogue;
- To learn about the origins of different types of conflicts and possible methods of solving them;
- To promote and explain Alternative Dispute Resolutions with special emphasis on mediation
- To teach in practice skills relevant to effective negotiation and mediation;
- To create a field for further cooperation and development of projects related to conflict transformation;
- To share the results of First ADR Kit strategic partnership devoted to mediation in youth education
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme..
Accommodation and food
The accommodation (3-4 participants per room) and food (3 meals per day and 2 coffee breaks) will be covered by the organisers.
- Armenia, Georgia – 20 EUR
- Bulgaria, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine – 275 EUR
- Croatia, Italy – 360 EUR
Non – Applicable