Training Course: Game zone
Dates: 16-23 April 2020
Venue: Bidart, France
Eligible are 24 participants coming from: Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia
Application deadline: 7th March 2020
The training is about discovering educational games, game-based learning, roleplay & simulation games, Towards the end of the course participants will create their own games and test them as well as document their work for a game compilation booklet.
The training course “Game Zone” is organized by Association La Villa (FR) Shokkin Group (EST) and BE international (CZ) in Bidart, France, during the period of 16.4-23.4.2020, including 24 participants and 5 team members from 11 countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Greece, Malta, Poland Portugal and Slovenia).
During the 8-day training course, we will discover how to use educational games as a method of youth work. We use various forms of games as a form of pedagogy in teachig and in non-formal education. Our main idea is that simulation & roleplay games is appealing and fun for everybody, making it ideal as a tool for educational work with youngsters.
To promote the use of game-based learning methods in youth work and explore application of simulation/roleplay games through training youth workers to assess learning needs of young people, adapt game-based learning methods and develop and test own simulation/roleplay games.
- To identify and explore social topics that influence youth in the countries that partner in the project;
- To introduce games as an educational tool to tackle various social topics in learning environments;
- To give participants tools for mapping and identifying learning needs of their target group;
- To equip participants with tools for educational and experiential game design;
- To create a set of educational games on social issues in the frame of non-formal learning;
- To test created games and analyse their usability in the context of youth work;
- To empower youth workers/youth leaders to use simulation and roleplay games while working with youth.
- To create a game compilation booklet as on-line resource to share amongst other youth workers;
Who are we Looking for?
We are looking for youth workers/youth leaders who will be willing and committed to participate actively in ALL sessions:
- All participants HAVE TO BE OVER 18 YEARS OLD and HAVE RESIDENCY IN THE SENDING COUNTRY otherwise they cannot participate in the project.
- All participants should speak and understand English.
- All participants should be ready to experiment and commit to working on creating a game and its later development and dissemination.
- Participants should already be involved in youth work or be motivated to get involved with it.
- Participants should be interested in making follow up international projects.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
The participants will receive full board at the centre Izar Perdia in Bidart.
Association La Villa cover the cost of the full board for all participants.
The travel cost are covered according to the rules of Erasmus+:
- 20 EUR for French participants (extra budget can be discussed with the coordinator of the project)
- 275 EUR for all the other countries
The participation fee is 35 €