Training Course: Co-Creating in Freedom
Dates: 5 training days, +2 travel days, Spring/ Summer 2021
Venue: Castilla y León, Spain
We are looking for 2 participants aged 18+ years old coming from: Greece
and Involves 20 participants/ youth workers coming from: Morocco, Israel, Palestine,
Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Romania and Spain
Application deadline: 26th September 2020
“Co-Creating in Freedom” invites 9 very diverse countries to work on bringing youngsters to a free expression experience through different communication channels (kinesthetic, proprioceptive, visual, auditive, cognitive, relational and world).
We will train on skills and abilities to design and run a safe and trustfull space where youngters may express and co-create creatively, authentictly and in accordance with their true values.
This project offers strategies to bring youngters to unknown places, where the limits of their own thoughts, internal criticisms or fears of being judged stay out. Art, movement, roleplay, intuition or sounds give the place to a probably unreachable experiences if it is only used cognitive communication.
This training allows youth workers to know themselves more, to develop emotional intelligence and skills to express themselves constructively and nonviolently and inspire youngsters to drive their dreams.
Each day of the activity we will focus on a specific communication channel to research, debate, question and strengthen the social values of freedom. This will happen through creative, interactive and collaborative dynamics and methodologies.
Transversely, we will highlight attitudes for a conscious and empathic leadership model, capable of welcoming all the diversity of a group; since we understand that in order to evolving towards a freer society it is needed to upgrade the historical and current leadership references.
This project runs one activity that brings together 20 youth workers from Italy, Morocco, Israel, Palestine, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Rumania and Spain in a 7 days training experience.
The dynamics within the activity are categorized as cohesion , theory, experimentation, inquiry laboratory for co-creation, integration and evaluation. Theory is mainly about concepts of becoming a group, roles, leadership, paradigm for the common good, the concept of freedom, emotions and non-violent communication.
The dynamics and interactions are related to the body (authentic movement, awareness of body language), art (art therapy, collaborative art), sounds (sound travel experience, working with the voice), relationships (role play, theater, debate spaces), intuition and connection (deep ecology, visualizations). Laboratories or researches will be carried out based on colaboratives methodologies.
Each dynamics or methodology will be contextualized and explained before using it so participants can integrate them properly and use in their work with youngters.
The project is designed to let youth workers acquire tools to help youngters feeling more empowered, aware about their talents and potentials, in trusting their abilities and opinions and giving them more autonomy to develop their own initiatives. “Co-Creating in Freedom” approach participants to other ways of relating with themselves, with the other and with the world. This generates an impact wherever they go, because relating to each other is what we are doing all the time and it is from relationships where we build culture. That is why we believe that a healthier relational paradigm is an important factor in the reconstruction of the concept of Freedom.
The impact we expect is:
– That participants feel motivated to encourage youngers to show their true selves, their gifts and essence.
– Bringing more quality to Youth Workers job: Each person thinks, develops, learns and expresses better in diferents communication channels, so activities that consider the entire spectrum of communication channels are more attainable and useful for the group and its individuals.
– That participants acquire skills to express more empathetic making them easier to achieve their objectives and to be a reference working with youngters.
– That the participants feel safe to creatively address spaces in their local environments for youngster to inquering in socially difficult issues.
– That people share and disseminate easily on social media audiovisual material generated during the activity, thanks to the sociocultural diversity, that show how freedom transcends differences and is constituted under the sum of those differences.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
– Being selected for this course, accommodation and lodging (breakfast-lunch and dinner) will be 100% covered by the host organisation. During the exchange the catering will be provided (breakfast, lunch, dinner, 2 coffee breaks).
We will take care of our space where we will live, work and learn therefore we need to keep the place clean and useful for our activities.
– Transport: 100% covered by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme, within following limits:
Greece: 330 Euro/participant. Participants who will exceed this travel cost, will be charged the additional cost
– Participation fee 40 euro per participant. The fee will be deposited after succesful selection of the candidates (non-refundable in case of cancellation).
Imago Desarrollo Social y Cultural – NGO
YiA 18 – NGO
For additional information please: Download the Application form
Contact for questions:
Working language: English