Training Course: Digital Dialogue
Dates: 29 July – 5 August 2018
Eligible are 26 participants coming from: Armenia, Austria, Denmark, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Poland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 11th July 2018
Erasmus+ training course for youth workers interested in exploring methods based on digital tools for fostering intercultural dialogue
Intercultural dialogue is a process that comprises an open and respectful exchange or interaction between individuals, groups and organisations with different cultural backgrounds or world views. During this training we aim to develop a deeper understanding of diverse perspectives for youth workers using digital means of expressions, like videos and photography.
Modern European societies are getting more and more diverse in terms of culture and religion. The present influx of migrants and refugees is causing tensions and misunderstanding between minority and majority groups and many young people are prone to radical or even violent behaviors.
The problem stems from lack of understanding between people with diverse cultural background, who often lack the possibility to truly get to know each other’s opinions and values.
We believe that the way to address this problem is to give youth workers a method to let the youth interact more in a peaceful manner and provide them with a safe space for dialogue, which should in turn lead to a better understanding between them.
This project is to teach youth workers and young leaders who work with youth with diverse cultural background how to encourage their beneficiaries and how to interact more by creating and sharing their digital creations.
– To provide youth workers with knowledge about the digital dialogue method and its possible benefits for youth work
– To equip youth workers with the skills necessary to design and implement digital dialogue projects for intercultural dialogue in their own respective communities
– To enhance the ICT skills of youth workers and to promote the use of innovative youth work methodology based on digital means
– To establish a network of like-minded organizations and individuals, who are interested in the further exchange on the topic of effective non-formal educational learning methods
-To develop follow-up projects using the skills and knowledge gained during this Training Course
– Youth workers and youth leaders interested in exploring new ways of working with people with diverse cultural and/or migration background
– Motivated to learn more about the concept of digital dialogue (prior knowledge of photo/video making and editing is not required)
– Interested in setting further co-operation with similar from other European countries
– Being able to communicate in English fluently
– Ready to implement new approaches to learning in their everyday work with youth at risk of exclusion
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Food and acoomodation is fully covered by the organizers.
The travel expenses will be covered up to the maximum amount per participant as follows:
UK: 530 EUR
Germany, Poland, Austria, Denmark: 360 EUR
Ukraine, Moldova: 275 EUR
Armenia: 180 EUR
Georgia: 0 EUR
We do not require any participation fee.