Training Course: Taking action against gender stereotypes and sexism in media
Dates: 18-27 May 2020
Venue: Krusevac, Serbia
Eligible are 30 participants coming from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey
Application deadline: 7th April 2020
This is a partnership project for the skills development of participating youth workers/leaders and providing them with innovative tools in the field of combating gender stereotypes and sexism in media and promoting gender equality.
“Taking action against gender stereotypes and sexism in media” project is eight day long Training course using interactive, innovative and creative methods of non-formal education regarding gender stereotypes, sexism and gender-based hate speech in media. TC will gather 30 participants (youth workers, youth leaders and volunteers) from 10 Council of Europe member states.
The purpose of this project is to share and exchange different knowledge and experience, to discuss gender issue in media context and create plan to take action against gender stereotypes and sexism in media.
The main Aim of this project is to build capacity of youth organizations and youth workers in to support and empower young people to be agents for social change and combat gender-based stereotypes and sexism in ofline and online media.
- Building of key competences (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of youth workers/leaders to integrate different approach, tools and resources that promote gender equality in media content.
- To engage, connect and empower young people to use opportunities and tools to create and share media content which will promote and support respecting of human rights and gender equality.
- To improve the quality of youth work and NFL to more efficiently and extensively use innovative and creative tools in their everyday work and promote respect of human rights, equal opportunities, and gender equality
- To promote and improve international cooperation, exchange and capacity development of youth organizations and young people, in the field of gender perspective in media context.
During the project, participants will gain theoretical knowledge about the Gender equality and practical skills how to use media tools as effectively social intervention method in their youth work in their local communities towards meaningful social change.
Participants will learn how to use off line and on line media space to combat gender stereotypes, prejudices, sexism, and violence and hate speech and contribute to gender equality. Participants will create, practice and produce diverse media contents – radio shows, short movies and internet thematic texts.
This project is funded by Council of Europe in the frame of European Youth Foundation
Accommodation and food
Accommodation, food and coffe breaks in the hotel will be fully covered by organizers.
Travel costs: 70% of actual travel costs will be reimbursed to participants by bank transfer after providing original travel documents. Participants are in charge of covering 30% of their travel costs. Please bear in mind that there is maximum allowed travel costs per participant from specific country.
Maximum amount of travel costs per participant per country (100% of travel costs can not be higher than following amount):
- Serbia 30 Euros
- Montenegro 60 Euros
- Bosnia and Herzegovina 70 Euros
- Croatia 120 Euros
- Albania, Slovenia 150 Euros
- Spain, Italy, Turkey, Poland 270 Euros
This project is funded by Council of Europe in the frame of European Youth Foundation. No participation fee.