Training Course Omnia vincit music: Youth work with music
Date: 1-8 July 2020
Venue: Lublin, Poland
Eligible are 20 participants coming from: Czech Republic, Poland, Portugal, Turkey, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 1st May 2020
The purpose of the project is to raise qualifications for youth work among youth leaders and youth employees, to teach them how to integrate youth from different social strata and ethnic groups through music classes.
The purpose of the project is to raise qualifications for youth work among youth leaders and youth employees , to teach them how to integrate youth from different social strata and ethnic groups through music classes.
Collaboration is an important element in the life of every person. Developing cooperation habits will significantly increase the quality of life of the whole society.
The training course will be held between 1-8 of July.
Next we expect that those youth workers that have participated in the training they will organize the youth exchange in 20-30 of August. Both are in Lublin.
We expect that participants play music instruments/ could play(learn) how to play. If they are singers it is good also.
During the all activities participants will teach each other songs from their countries. At the same time will be perfect if they bring own music instruments to the project activities.
Music has important influence on young people:
Brain development depends on the capabilities of a person’s moving abilities: as much as a person can do with his own hands as a brain of person will be developed. The practice of playing musical instruments contributes to the development of intelligence. Music has a positive effect on the immune system, improves the body’s metabolism. Music serves as a non-medical cure for emotional disorders: music restores harmony in the body and peace of mind. Music helps to cope with difficult situations, helps to relax or recharge. Music serves to self-knowledge and self-expression.
Objectives of the project:
- to develop music skills and organizational skills of participants
- to organize intercultural/interreligious dialog between young people and create positive interpersonal relations between representatives of partner organizations through things that are interested for participants – through music and creativity;
- the exchange of good practices in the field of music between partners
- to increase awareness of diversity;
- to increase the attitude of tolerance to people with other nationality/ language/ religion
- to foster prevention of radicalization of young people.
Issues and needs that you are seeking to address through this project:
- express themselves by creating/performing music by young people
- development of creative skills of young people with fewer opportunities
- personal development / professional development by music activities
- including young people with different background (refugee, migrants) into local society
- improving organizational skills of music events / international activities.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth Programme.
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and food will be provided by the organizer.
- 275 euro – for round trip per participant from Czech Republic, UK, Turkey.
- 360 euro – for round trip per participant from Portugal.
There is no financial support for travel for Polish participants, but we are ready to cover these costs if they are not high.
The Project has not participation fee.